Tianxiang is a large river terrace recreational area in Taroko National Park. Dasha
River and Taci Jili River converge at Tianxiang to become Liwu River. The Sakuma
Samata Shrine was erected here during the Japanese Era (1895-1945). When the Central
Cross-Island Highway reached here Wen Tian Xiang Park was built at the top of the
terrace. On the north-western side is the Tianxiang Youth Activity Center (Youth Hostel)
and a Catholic Church is next to it. The original lovely Pudu suspension bridge was reconstructed
into concrete in 2003 due to the safety reasons. At one end it has a tall White
Robed Guanyin Statue. The 7-story high Tian Feng Pagoda, Giant Statute of the Bodhisattva,
Xiangde Temple, and, in 1968, Daxiong Baodian temple, have been built on the terrace
and have become popular spots for visitors and worshipers.
This area has large parking space, recreational Plum Garden, and the 5 star hotel-Silks Place Taroko. This is the only 5 star hotel in Taroko National Park. Behind
the Silks Place Taroko Hotel is the Tianxiang Presbyterian Church.