These standards are set by Taroko National Park (Taroko N. P. below) for the effective
management of website data and the establishment of a data maintenance system to
ensure the correctness and timeliness of website data.
The website data in these standards is limited to that on the Internet server mainframe.
Network servers established by or linked by various Taroko N. P. units for work
requirements are not subject to these standards.
In principle, the Taroko N. P. website will be centrally managed. The Planning Section
will allocate the website address, establish a firewall and establish network security
defenses to prevent the web pages being maliciously damaged or changed.
Taroko N. P. website web page maintenance division of labor principles:
- The websites established by Taroko National Park’s various
units should be managed by specially-appointed personnel who should regularly check
web page data and table contents. When data is added or removed or changed, work
processes should be followed and the latest data maintained to avoid providing out
of date or incorrect information.
- Data providing units: The various units shall have specialist
personnel responsible for collecting, updating and compiling original data and review
and checking after it is made into a web page.
- Web page making unit: responsible for making web pages and
- Data including promotional items, related activities or press
releases should, after approval, be placed by the various units in the “News”, “Activity
Board” or Work Information” sections of the Taroko N. P. website and be responsible
for the correctness and timeliness of the data (during time on the website).
Website data adding/removal work process (as shown in flow chart below).
- Data provision: the unit providing the data will collect,
compile and check the original data (including written data and electronic files)
for accuracy and provide it for use in making web pages.
- Upgrading of webpage contents: the unit providing the data
will be responsible for compiling and checking updated data (written and e- files)
and provide it for use in making web pages. The same applies when data is removed
from web pages or web pages removed from the website.
- Web page making: new web pages will be made by the web page
making unit or contracted out.
- Data checking: The data in the web page will be checked on-line
or printed out and checked by the unit that provided it.
- Posting/removing web pages: after review and checking of webpage
contents the Planning Section will post on the web site. The Planning Section will
also assist removing web pages.
- The files provided by the various bodies should be electronic.
If they are text or tables they should be in Word or Excel compatible formal. The
Planning Section may, where necessary, accept the use of other formats.
Website maintenance system management.
- For system management and security each unit will have a set
of account numbers and password.
- To ensure security, the passwords should be changed by each
unit after they are received. Control of the passwords should be carried out by
the respective units themselves.
Performance evaluation for Internet services and data maintenance by the various
Taroko N. P. units will be carried out at the end of each year by an information
group convened by the Planning Section. Reward or punishment will be decided by
the Superintendent based on the results.